Monday, September 7, 2020

Week two of BOS to BHB 750, Upcoming Virtual Boston Marathon, and more

Well. That was a long title. 

Quite bit to get to this week though, as I prepare for some shenanigans. 

First off, my recovery from the epic rib smashing disaster face plant of last week is going fairly well, although a bit more slowly than I appreciate. I kind of got hurt. 

Because of that, I did some creative miles, especially at the beginning of the week. I did some walking. some hobble jogging. And, at the end of the week, some absurd (but NON falling) trail running. Hence, meeting my mileage goal for BOS-BHB while allowing myself to kinda recover. 

Family running up a hill

This past Saturday marked the opening of the window in which to complete Virtual Boston! Since I was still pretty F***ED up, I knew getting an early start was not to be. I plan to run later in the week, day/route TBD but there are some interesting ideas floating around. 
I have already mentioned the face that I have not run longer than 10-ish miles since March... Oh well. Hopefully the hours of thrashing up and down mountains will count for something (they probably won't, but that's ok too.)

In other news, Boston registration for 2021 has been postponed. A good move, as I figured we would all stampede to sign up, simply to be refunded again. 
My feeling is that 2021 will be Elite Field only. 

As I look to the future of my marathon *career* I'm not really concerned, since it is my hobby. But I'm no spring chicken you guys. I'm wondering how a multi year break in high mileage training (assuming the trend of Covid continues) will impact hobby runners like myself, who don't snap back as quickly as the young whippersnappers do. 
I guess will find out! Maybe by the time we get back to it I will have aged up and bought myself an extra 5 minutes, hahahah!!

Anyway. Onward to "taper".  Which is just silly, because I haven't been cranking out the intensity. 

Miles run last week: 32-ish with all the twiddling around included. And this week, I include it. 
Miles hiked: Like, 19 miles total of trail running and crap
Place in the Challenge on Sunday night: 95/472
Hottest day: A bit fall like, I think one day when it was 80
Level of broken-ness: I mean.... There is "broken" and "BROKEN" I am not the second one, but on Monday-Thursday I was a sad sack of sorrow. Might have cracked a few ribs. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to turn 38. I definitely feel like my opportunities for a fast marathon are limited. I definitely need to get one in before I'm 40!

    ReplyDelete