Monday, July 13, 2020

Week 4: B2B2B 624K Challenge

It's hard to believe that week 4 is already in the books, but there you have it.

Another successful week in the running department. All workouts done at the ass crack of dawn to avoid work/weather pitfalls.
Ass crack o'clock is pretty.

Summer is nice

Once again I completed my goal of running all the "required" miles, and banking a few extra miles while hiking.

All runs were done at a relaxed pace (no real "workouts" at this point. my brain can't handle that crap at 5AM.) All runs were done in humidity, and with some of the WORST guests: deer flies. They are just horrible this year.

Eric, Ellie and I hiked 11 plus miles, in the rain on Sunday to check Mt. Cabot off the list.

Rainy wooded summit
Anywho.
For about a HOT minute I moved into the top ten in the challenge (at the bottom... literally 10th place) but immediately lost that! The leading woman is already 80% done, with a couple others nipping at her heels. For the rest of us, it's going to be a "race" to stay in the top 15 or so, unless there are some drastic changes. DRAMA.

So backing up just a little. This really is the first time in history that I have woken before dawn to run more than once, or twice during the summer. By the middle of last week I felt that I was acclimating to the routine reasonable well, and (almost) was enjoying the process.
Then, I completely got off track over the weekend by doing rebellious activities like sleeping until 6AM. Oh well.

I signed up for the virtual edition of the Boston Marathon, although I have zero intention of training to do it fast, or particularly well. I do feel that it's going to be a fun event, and it will be fun to connect (virtually) with some of my friends who were planning to run. Also, it's a pretty historic thing to be a part of (although the "historic" reasons that Boston seems to be memorable are all just a bit grim. seriously....)

Miles run: 32.3
Miles Hiked: 11.25
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 12/43
Hottest day: HOT and gross. About 90 on Friday and HUMID AF
Longest run: 7.0

1 comment:

  1. I wish Boston was doing their 5K virtually as well. No luck. I shall continue to live vicariously thru your reports.

    ReplyDelete