Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Week 3: B2B2B 624K Challenge

I'm pleased to say that despite some potential pitfalls (work, weather) I was able to stay on track for the challenge this week. 

I really did not improve (or ruin!) my standing in the order, which is ok. Slow and steady. 

I only ran super early on one day, and it was lovely!

A nice way to wake up
I had a shockingly solid run on one relatively cool day, after work. It's always nice to see that the slow and early miles actually translate to some quicker work when the timing and weather line up. 

If I was marathon training at the moment, the early running would feel awful. I never wake up at 4:30 feeling prepared to tackle speed, or hills, or extreme distance. But to be honest, I actually enjoy an early summer wake up call for some easy miles. 

We snuck in a Sunday 10 mile hike up Garfield, which was HIDEOUS. Kidding. 

A WHOLE NEW WORLD

And that wraps up week 3. A short recap, but week 4 has me feeling pretty damn busy (no complaints, considering the current state of the world.)

Miles run: 30.2
Miles Hiked: 10.0
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 14/43 (holding steady, temporarily moved up one place then promptly fell back to 15th haha)
Hottest day: Why don't I remember? Pretty hot. Like 85.
Longest run: 7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment