Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Training for Marine Corps Marathon week 5: Some better weather (before the shit hits)

Week 5 was over quickly, as I completed all my appointed miles by Thursday.

It was a much more pleasant start to the week weather wise (despite my face in the first pic!) I believe it was something absurd like 68 degrees when I ran on Monday, so I FINALLY did some speed work. 6x800's at a mid-7 pace (mostly in the 7:20's) seemed pretty good given my general lack of effort in that department.

A great run actually
It was still solid weather on Tuesday, so I ran over bitch hill in a much peppier way that last time. I did find a little horned sheep who needed a little help getting un-stuck from his fence. He/She was crying pitifully from the time I caught his eye, but he was rather thankless once I released him and scampered off, little butt a-shaking. Rascal.

Not smart
It was certainly warmer for some easy Wednesday miles, but not humid. Nothing special about that particular run, I was just feeling pretty tired.

Thursday was long run day. It was a totally decent day (about 79, getting muggier but not bad, deer flies swarming like little assholes.) I was about 82% dead on my feet, so it honestly felt like an 18 miler. I was worked over.

Overall, the calf crap worked out better this week. They felt so crampy on Monday that I was shook- but after my first repeat they totally snapped out of it. Weird. I didn't even think about them again until Thursday. They felt meh on and off for a while- then the rest of my legs decided to feel meh as well, and I forgot about what little jack asses they are.

No running over the weekend, but a hike up Eisenhower on Saturday and the Hancocks on Sunday certainly kept me active. It was a really, really great hiking weekend.

A good place to be!!
And on to week 6, which looks like a horrible, humid disaster of a shit heap.

Stats:
Miles: 33.8
Hottest day: Hottest run was 80. It was in the upper 80's on Saturday. 
Longest run: 13.5
Hiking miles- 16 which is excellent, and was a ton of fun

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment