Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Boston, here I come

I was close, guessing the cutoff would be 7:15. It was, in fact, 7:47 which means I have punched my golden ticket to Boston Marathon #9. 

If we weren't still in the middle of kind of an insane pandemic, I would be over the moon happy. I'm pleased. We'll see what happens. The whole internet is pissed that they didn't make the cut, and basically imploding. Typical. 
But really. I am happy I made it in. I'm sorry for anyone who is bummed that what "would" have been a valid qualifying time last year, isn't this year. That is ROUGH, in a very "relatively speaking" kind of sense. (perspective.... is good.) 
 I feel like there are probably MORE people out there right now who are vowing to train hard, and make the cut again than there are being sour grapes on Instagram. (but the sour grapes are VERY vocal and would probably be VERY fast if they channeled their negative energy into training!) 

In other news.... 

I had a crazy week and ran a grand total of 1 mile. Or like 16 but there is no real difference. 

On the plus side, it looks like Spring!

Spring on the hill


Except the we hiked up Mt. Pierce and it still looked like winter.....

Still windy winter, but not too cold!


Stats:  
Miles run: 14.1 Even worse than 16....
Hike: 6
Warmest day: 65 on Saturday
Coldest day: A couple days of low 50's and HIGH winds and HIGH fire danger
Snow: no but 2" of rain killed the fire danger
Bugs: YEP, black flies GROSS
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 6th. At least I'm not dead last. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Finally a real race to train for.👍

    ReplyDelete