Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Boston Training 2020: Week 9: The time when I caught a gross cold

Last week started off strong, and ended up pretty sick.....

I had an 8 mile hill snow adventure on Monday which was challenging, but manageable. 

Wednesday, I ran another 8 over different hills, on drier roads, which was a nice change!

Thursday was supposed to be speed, but I swapped it for a basic 5 with my dog. I figured I would do speed on Friday on the treadmill, since it was supposed to be very cold. Plus, I had moved my long run to Sunday, because of said arctic blast. 

Well.... I ended up getting a pretty major cold, which continues to stick around and make me pretty miserable. These things happen, but it is always annoying to run considerably less mileage than planned (and I'm concerned for this week's miles too, as I can't seem to shake it off!)

Total miles: 21.25
Long run: Well... 8.25 I suppose
Coldest Day: Saturday morning, -15. 
Snow? Yes, but I'm struggling to remember when or how much! I believe 5 inches and it did cause a snow day.
Random: I think a person should get too old for colds at some point. Maybe at 40!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment