Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Currently

Since I'm in post race recovery mode, my weekly writing has fallen off course.

The past couple weeks have been good, recovery went smoothly, I have had some enjoyable recreational runs, and have managed to get in a couple hikes (despite the persistent snow cover on the trails.)

Spring arrived over the weekend, and we had a run with Mrs Ellington that finished at the pub! (clearly, she did not run the whole way. she would like to, but no.)

Fast!!
It was nice to have temps in the 60's again. Ever since Boston, the weather has been pretty dank.

Not dank today!
Even though Ellie thinks she should be running high mileage, she definitely appreciates post run nap time (MOM! I AM NOT TIRED!!)

NOT TIRED
So, in the meantime.... I don't have any pressing need to run high mileage, or terribly fast during May. I'm shooting for a few runs per week at no particular pace. Easy. Just making sure that I don't fall into a heap of slothdom (which is terribly easy to do. one skipped run turns into a week... a month.... the summer of 2018!!)

July through late October will definitely be structured (and hot, I am sure.) Thus, I really don't want to "train" through May when I have no reason to at all. (and at the same time, I do need to fight the sloth.) I plan to use June as a rebuilding month, making sure to get in some reasonable but still somewhat low mileage. June is my biggest competition and travel month of the year, so it's tricky to train but I'm pretty determined to schedule 4 runs per week.

So that's it from the running front. Boring, I know!! Eric, Ellie and I are getting in some decent early season hiking so I expect my next few posts to cover that topic.


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment